Cracked Dash Options - Dashmat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't stand to look at the cracks littering my dashboard anymore so decided to try out the ltd edition polyester dash mat. Purchased off Amazon for $40.

It fits well, but not quite sure how I feel about it yet. It came with strips to attach to your dash and then they velcro to the back of the mat. I haven't put these on yet.

Anybody doing anything else besides a replacement?

Attachments

• 20150210_092749.jpg
    20150210_092749.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of my slowly spreading cracks, but at least the vinyl dash is still easy to wipe clean. It looks like that dashmat will be good at collecting sand/dust/debris. I guess you'll take it off and shake it or maybe vacuum it. ?

Such a crappy design on our dashes though. It's annoying. Whenever I park next to an LR3 I look over and usually see the same cracks on everybody's dash.

Does the LR4 have this problem?

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my first dash replaced 500 miles out of warranty. LR paid for parts but still was $900 in labor. That was in 2008 on my 2005. The new dash is cracking open around the passenger airbag but not yet around the vents. It'a appealing that a vehicle like this should have such problems.

Has anyone fit a leather dash from an LR4? it looks the same and I would think that the cost for LR to redesign the support architecture but retain the same dash shape would mean that they are interchangeable.

I don't think the dash is hard to replace. Just unclipping almost every other trim around it from the A pillars down to the glove box.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...never thought I'd appreciate the mild Pacific NW weather so much! Sorry to hear about this, guys...

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought on fitting the LR4 dash...

I also can't believe that labor alone was $900 in 2008 and your dash was splitting within 3 years.. absurd!

I can see the dashmat collecting everything, sand gets evrrywhere and you never get it all fully out. Hopefully shaking it out will the job with a vacuum every once in a while.

Climate - according to my carfax, mine was in NY for 3 years and then Key West for 3 and here with me in Jacksonville FL since the end of 2012. There were some cracks since I got it, but has gotten worse. I'll try and remember to get a pic of the war zone.

Houm, yours is still good then?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont want to jinx this, but my 2006 is crack free 4 years in NY and 2 in VA. Always in a garage.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right...I also don't want to jinx mine but yes; ten years old in June and always in a garage (or parking garage, also covered) and no cracks. Washington is not overly humid and the temps go between ~40 (avg) in winter and 80 (avg) in summer.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you guys!

Check out this **** show!

Attachments

• 20150215_082045.jpg
    20150215_082045.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 73

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I couldn't have imagined that! Sorry to see this...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine made it 9 years before the cracks showed. Kept in garage at night but is outside during the work week for certain.

I wonder if it would have happened if I was religious about putting a UV protectant on it. Something like 303. Armor all would work, but that has it's own issues. Maybe the gloss free version is okay.

If your are not cracked yet, buy some 303. Can't hurt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM