Cranks but wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justindarrington8

Reaction score
Hey fellows need some help. Got a 2008 hse cranks but wont start. It will start momentarily with starter fluid in the intake during which I'm able to rev the engine a few times before it dies. Sounds decent. Fuel pump comes on getting fuel to the fuel rail. Checked every fuse and relay. All ok. Check compression getting 120 psi on 4 cylinders passenger side. It's been sitting for 2 months. It was hit on the passenger side about 5 months ago the engine died I disconnected the battery and reconnect it and it started right up. The last time I drove it I gave someone a jump they connected the cables up wrong which created a huge arc the engine died I was able to start it up once more. Drove to the store killed the engine Nd it never started again. Any ideals is very much appreciated thank you. It has 150k miles on it.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I threw a lot of effort and time into trying to diagnose a similar condition and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay. I know you said you had pressure at the rail but it's pretty easy to swap the relay with another one just to see if it makes a difference or not.

justindarrington8

Reaction score
Your absolutely right and I appreciate the advice. I actually have swapped the relays and no improvement. When I turn the key to position 2 the fuel pump primes and when I take the valve(no Porto check pressure) off the fuel rail I get a pretty good flow of fuel coming out. Got 12v to the plugs. It seems like the Injector's wont pulse or open up. Does anyone know if there is a safety reset in the srs restraints module that would keep the injectors from firing? I dont get 12vto the injectors when key is in position 2. Could the key need to be resynced? Only have one and it's seen it's better days. It never worked in the door handle itself and before the incident it stopped locking and unlocking with the fob and fob was basically used just to start it. After the vehicle started the fob would go in my pocket while the metal piece remained in the ignition.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That fact that it started and drove after the incident I guessed negated fuel cut off after an accident or roll over, whatever that is called. Here are some parts of the manual related to the injectors. Guessing you have the 4.4. If not let me know and I'll send the others.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Description and Operation.pdf
    758.1 KB · Views: 106

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV