Crash ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any official crash ratings for LR4's.

They seem to be extremely safe.... Big...heavy...loads of air bags and technology to help avoid crashes... but I can't find any official NHTSA ratings....

Any idea why they are not rated?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for Land Rover LR3 crash ratings, virtually the same thing. I don't think the LR4 was "officially" crash tested by US or European authorities, probably because it is so similar to the LR3 (which was crash tested, several years ago. As I recall, it passed all tests with flying colors.)

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
Finally found out more about why there are no official government crash tests. Apparently the number of vehicles that are imported fall below the government threshold to have to have them crash tested.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People here have posted pictures of their accidents, usually when someone ran into the back of an LR3 or LR4. The tiny reflectors in the LR4 rear bumper will shatter but the other car looks like it drove into a brick wall.

With both a unibody and full frame, these are very sturdy vehicles. And as you noted, they do have lots of air bags, stability control, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4