Current info on installing back up camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all,

I have a 2005 LR3 HSE.
I'd like to install a back up camera, so as to make backing up to my boat trailer a one-man job without getting out of the truck several times.
Are there any updates on new systems available? I've searched the threads, but they are years old...

Thanks in advance!

ernest jarvis

Reaction score
I'm using a Garmin 65 smart drive for navigation on my 2007 LR3 HSE.
It fits right over the original nav screen.
Garmin has a blue tooth rear view camera which mounts
to the license plate and works quite well.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an aftermarket China brand smart mirror that acts as a dash cam and reverse cam. I hard wired the cam to my reverse lights so it will kick in when I throw the car into reverse. The camera is small enough that I stuck it on the top sill inside the upper cargo door. The interior is spacious enough for me to run the video line from the camera to the mirror all within the truck.

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
FWIW, here is my setup using a aftermarket Android head unit and rear view camera. Automatically switches to rear view mode when shifting to reverse from any app that is open. 2005 LR3 SE V8

Photo Resizer 2020_11_16_08_12_29.jpg Back Up Camera.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This killed your off-road screen? I see the display is still there....

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This killed your off-road screen? I see the display is still there....

yes display works but there is no way to "T" off the optical cable from the new wiring harness for the radio so it just displays Land Rover screen as shown...I'll probably just take it out and put in the standard cubby if I can find on or mount up an ipad for some dedicated gia mapping etc...haven't decided quite yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut