Daytime running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macdaddy548

Reaction score
OK, I was off to the dealership today to pick up some accessories that my wife wanted to "personalize" her ride. So I dropped in to see one of the service writers and popped the DRL question. He started to look up something on the system, then placed a call (to who knows where). His answer was that on the MY '11's with LED's it was certain that they could turn on DRL's (meaning both the headlights + the LED's) but he wasn't certain that one could turn on just the LED's (which is what we are hoping for).
He asked us to bring it in and let them "experiment" with it. He volunteered that since Ohio does not require DRL's that they have no experience working with them. But he did seem truly interested in the challenge.
We'll keep you posted on results.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking foward to your update macdaddy. I placed a call to Land Rover NA, (after I got no where with my dealer) and I'm waiting back for there response. I'll update aswell once I hear back.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking foward to your update macdaddy. I placed a call to Land Rover NA, (after I got no where with my dealer) and I'm waiting back for there response. I'll update aswell once I hear back.

Franky, try another dealership... Your dealership sounds cold. Where do you live?

Not all dealerships are created equal.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Franky, try another dealership... Your dealership sounds cold. Where do you live?

Not all dealerships are created equal.

Lol. Thats how I feel. I live in Staten Island, NY. Bought the truck in Manhattan. I do have another large dealer close to me in NJ, which also happens to be where I bought my Porsche from (Ray Catena). I already have a relationship with them, I will give them a try. I was annoyed at them when they would not match the deal from Manhattan, esp. being that I was a previous customer and spent over 100k on that car.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

Yeah, the NJ dealership may have high turn-over or the extreme opposite and couldn't afford to lose margin. I used to live in NYC and bought a Saab from a Manhattan dealership and they were complete doorknobs. I didn't blame them too much though because Manhattan is about dress code and striking deals, not knowing how a car really works or caring for that matter. Outside the city, even here in San Francisco, I find the dealerships more open minded and their staff far more knowledgeable about mechanics. Hope it works out for you.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 HSE. Where exctly are the DRLs?, or do they program the low beams to run on a lower voltage?
Thanks

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they programmed mine, the DRLs are in fact the low beams, but not at lower voltage. And they only go on once the selector is put into drive. I hope this helps.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Count,
Very helpful info. BTW, I upgraded to the headlights you recommended and I am very pleased with their performance. Very similar to xenon.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the LR dealer. They activated the DRLs on my 2010 LR4 HSE. Free of charge since it was under one year!!!:proud:
Only took 30 minutes!!!! Very pleased!!!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the LR dealer. They activated the DRLs on my 2010 LR4 HSE. Free of charge since it was under one year!!!:proud:
Only took 30 minutes!!!! Very pleased!!!

You're so lucky! I had to pay $75 bucks. :-(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635