Default air temp at startup w/auto climate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it has been worth it yet, but my Interstate H8 AGM battery (from Costco) is doing well.

I'm coming up on 45,000 miles and just under 3 years (May will be 3 years) with mine. I also run a Dashcam on the battery which I'm sure is taking a toll on it, but I'm curious how long I can go with this battery. The dashcam runs while parked and has a low voltage cutoff.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often do you drive, are there longer periods where you leave the car where the battery might run down?

D_Walt

Reaction score
How often do you drive, are there longer periods where you leave the car where the battery might run down?
So I've had it for a few weeks, driving it nearly once a day. Think it sat for two or three days once. I will likely replace the battery soon as it does look old. If that doesn't solve it, will be inspecting the alternator.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
For those with similar minor electrical gremlins, one of the easiest things to do is a hard reset. A hard reset will default everything back to factory settings.

Here's the hard reset, provided by Russ Goff from another forum I'm on.

Open a window, ignition off, shut doors, wait 2 minutes then disconnect both battery leads, negative first, including isolating any auxiliary battery connections, and wait 10 minutes, (no adverse reactions have been reported if you don’t wait 10 minutes) join the positive and negative cables together with a jump lead.This discharges all systems in the car, and is a Land Rover advised procedure in JLR 13 38 10_2E see http://bit.ly/2MBPDD4

Reconnect in reverse order.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi