Did I break something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m in the middle of replacing my control arm bushings and I can’t get the things to line back up to the frame. The only thing I can think of is maybe the axle got pulled out somehow. Is that possible? The CV boot looks really extended. Wife is already mad about how much time I spend on this car. Help please!

-Ricky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 68

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I would move that other unused jack stand to support the car somewhere. I hope you don’t only have one under this truck, it is too heavy for that.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try the wood block trick. I’ve got a jack stand in each side and the floor jack under the front jack point.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try the wood block trick. I’ve got a jack stand in each side and the floor jack under the front jack point.
yeah do not tighten down the control arm bolts with the wheel free hanging. It needs to be jacked up whilst you torque the control arm up.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
yeah do not tighten down the control arm bolts with the wheel free hanging. It needs to be jacked up whilst you torque the control arm up.
Oops, I did the other one free hanging. What should I do about that? What will go wrong?

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Plenty of videos but they go over it quickly so its easy to miss. Before you start, put vehicle at normal height, then measure hub midpoint to fender , mine was 18.25 inches. On a 2013. Also mark the cam washers and frame with paint pen to capture that alignment.
Install all the bolts loosely then jack raise wheel to your measurement, then tighten, getting the cam washers as close as possible to the original orientation. This gets the alignment pretty close to where it needs to be.
Then have it aligned as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut