Disco II air conditioner fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUKE179r

Reaction score
Hello all from a forum newbie!
I searched the forum to see if I can piggy back on someone else's Disco II posts about air conditioner fault codes. I couldn't find any so I'm posting here for future reference to help others.

I completed the air con diagnostics check on my 2001 Disco SE by following these steps from this video Land Rover Discovery II A/C Diagnostics :

1 - Turn ignition OFF.
2 - On the climate control panel, press and hold both AUTO and Air Distribution buttons.
3 - While holding these buttons down, switch ignition ON to position 2.
4 - Keep holding the buttons for 4-5 beeps and let go. The fault code (FC) results will be shown on the right side of the screen.

After doing this check I had two fault codes that popped up on the screen; 21 & 22. :mad:
I did a Google search and found a list of the fault code descriptions:

00 - no faults
11 - in car temp sensor fault
12 - ambient sensor fault
13 - thermistor fault
14 - heater coolant sensor fault
*21 - left sunlight sensor fault - open or shorted
*22 - right sunlight sensor fault - open or shorted
31 - left servo motor
32 - right servo motor
33 - distribution servo motor

I did another Google search about the 21 & 22 errors and found the answer on an Australian LR forum. Someone stated that you will get fault codes 21 & 22 if you don't do the test in direct sunlight. It made sense since I did the diagnostics check in darkness of my garage. :stupid:
After reading this, I pulled my Disco out of the garage, let it sit in the Georgia sun for an hour, redid the check and BAM! I got the no fault code of 00! :proud:

I hope this helps others! Cheers!

Clarky_ba

Reaction score
Ha Ha... Thank you so much for posting this.. I just did exactly the same but outside and raining, came in to search for the error codes and the first thing I saw was your post. Phew, saved me hours of searching the net..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink