Disconnected CJB and now keyless remote doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
My 2006 LR3 SE had the sunroof drain tube water leak issue. I had to disconnect the Central Junction Box (CJB, dealership called it the "main body computer") in order to access and replace the passenger side elbow on the drain tube. Immediately after connecting everything none of my keys would work in terms of remote lock/unlock. They all will start the engine. I don't think that this is an issue w/ a corroded connection since the working - not working transition seems directly related to removing the CJB. Has anyone had this experience? I'm trying to confirm if this is just a simple issue of having the keys reprogrammed.

no-pistons

Reaction score
Im interested in knowing what happened with this issue. I'll be pulling my CJB also to replace the drain elbow this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no-pistons

Reaction score
Well I completely removed and reinstalled my CJB today. Everything works and no problems as far as I can tell! I did also disconnect my battery before performing the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mflecklr3

Reaction score
Took me awhile to finally get this into the shop to be fixed. I pinched a wire when I reinstalled the CJB. Dealer detected high resistance between the antenna and ground. They rerouted the wires and all is good. $152 out the door.

Kevin DArcy

Reaction score
I removed my CJB to fix the water leak from the Sun Roof Drain Tube on the passenger side. I got the new ****** replaced and the leak is fixed. However, when I put the CJB back in and start the vehicle some idiot lights come on and stay one and the instrument cluster goes through and says each door is open, the interior lights stay on, and the suspension will not pump up, presumably because it thinks the door is open. Other have said the Orange plug on the back isn't seated correctly. I have reinstalled that connection several times with no difference when I start the vehicle. The Battery was unhooked every time I worked with the CJB. Any one have any ideas to check?

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I removed mine I had issues, I don't remember what they were but I do remember having to re-seat the connectors. Might be worth a try.

Kevin DArcy

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the latch on the Orange plug on the back. I will not stay latched. Has anyone ever taken the CJB part? I'm thinking of wire tying the plug in place. Might require fasteners into the back. I just don't want to damage anything.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it won't latch you probably don't have it seated in far enough, or it's crooked, I remember that problem as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV