Discovery Sport Bluetooth issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trickymick

Reaction score
I’m hopeful that someone has had this issue before… going crazy with a Bluetooth issue in a disco sport 2017. In settings, going to Bluetooth, the check box is blank, and all items are grayed out. If you click on the box, it says “waiting for Bluetooth” and never does anything else - pictures attached / below. With phone nearby, Bluetooth in discovery mode, nothing comes up on the device, either.

I’ve tried taking off battery for 20 mins and pulling fuses. Any thoughts on how to enable Bluetooth?

Attachments

• 920758EB-5A7B-400D-AF4F-7F9D2B5F45D7.jpeg
    920758EB-5A7B-400D-AF4F-7F9D2B5F45D7.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2972FA39-287E-4115-BAC5-762D14E4EB0E.jpeg
    2972FA39-287E-4115-BAC5-762D14E4EB0E.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 86

Dransfield

Reaction score
I’m hopeful that someone has had this issue before… going crazy with a Bluetooth issue in a disco sport 2017. In settings, going to Bluetooth, the check box is blank, and all items are grayed out. If you click on the box, it says “waiting for Bluetooth” and never does anything else - pictures attached / below. With phone nearby, Bluetooth in discovery mode, nothing comes up on the device, either.

I’ve tried taking off battery for 20 mins and pulling fuses. Any thoughts on how to enable Bluetooth?
Hi, mine has just started doing exactly the same thing, plus having to re-enter the country in sat nav occasionally. Did you ever find a solution? All I can find are articles on Bluetooth quality or dropping connection, not about the software unable to start.

stu22

Reaction score
Yep, exact same issue as OP. Just tried changing 2 fuses that affect the phone and touchscreen but no difference. Have not disconnected battery. Beginning to wonder if there even is bluetooth or phone capability in the basic model we have and they just stick the same control panel and instruction manuals in all models? Surely not?
Just got this Disco from an official landrover dealership (Inverness) and pretty annoyed this issue (if it is an issue) wasn't flagged up by dealership, has really spoiled the enjoyment of a new (used) vehicle for us.
The manuals are not of any help with this problem.
Does not appear to be any solutions other than visit a dealership.

Dransfield

Reaction score
We have a Luxury HSE with all the toys so could connect phones and stream music, that has all stopped working now as Bluetooth won't initialise, exactly the same as Trickymick's post, won't go past the 'waiting for Bluetooth' window

stu22

Reaction score

Dransfield

Reaction score
Hi, after having to wait six weeks for a slot at our LR dealer this problem was fixed by reinstalling/upgrading the multimedia software. Unfortunately the forward facing bumper camera had broken - which also means the front parking sensors will not work! - so had to get that replaced also and a lot of the costs got lumped together on the bill so can't advise how much they charged. I know the standard inspection fee to troubleshooting the camera was £250 and the cost of the camera itself was a whopping £300, so the remaining £360.00 on the bill would have been labour and sorting the multimedia software - but have no idea in what proportion.
I hope this helps, at least it got sorted relatively easily (they were unsure of the problem by the way as it was a new one to them) just unfortunately had to throw a shed load of cash at a main dealer to do it.

tanju

Reaction score
Hi, I had this exact same problem this week. Tried few things and found that if you delete all personal data it solves the problem. To do that you need to go to settings and delete all personal data. it seems to reset the media system, which solves the problem. Of course you will have to set your radio channels and bluetooth etc. Main dealer didn’t seem to understand what causes the issue Or what to do… just asked me to bring it in and leave it for few days… saved myself a trip to the main dealer, time and money.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor lady has a 2018 Disco 5 Sport (I have a 2011 LR4 Lux) and she was telling me about the problems she has with it. One of the main things she wanted when she bought the car from our local used luxury car dealership was for it to have Android Auto. She has a bit of an oddball phone, a Google Pixel, I think. Apparently it's not supported by the Bluetooth in her Disco 5 head unit. I told her to check out this forum to see if there was any help on this topic.

The other thing she wanted and didn't get was zippy acceleration from a dead stop. She says there is a noticeable lag when she puts her foot on the throttle. She read that it's a known issue with the Disco 5 Sports. Nice lady, but not an LR enthusiast. She bought it like a civilian would buy any other used car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor lady has a 2018 Disco 5 Sport (I have a 2011 LR4 Lux) and she was telling me about the problems she has with it. One of the main things she wanted when she bought the car from our local used luxury car dealership was for it to have Android Auto. She has a bit of an oddball phone, a Google Pixel, I think. Apparently it's not supported by the Bluetooth in her Disco 5 head unit. I told her to check out this forum to see if there was any help on this topic.

The other thing she wanted and didn't get was zippy acceleration from a dead stop. She says there is a noticeable lag when she puts her foot on the throttle. She read that it's a known issue with the Disco 5 Sports. Nice lady, but not an LR enthusiast. She bought it like a civilian would buy any other used car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This was my experience yesterday. The wife and I test drove a 2021 Byron Blue Disco 5 Landmark w/22k miles, it is everything you want in a smooth ride but lacks power, the supercharged 3.0 is way under powered compared to my LR4 and Range Rover both V8's and the information display is a little weird and frustrating at the same time. Also there is a open recall for the rear hatch opening up while you are driving so the dealer will not release it until the recall is fixed and parts are on backorder. It was a little disappointing when compared to my other older Land Rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut