Do you carry a weapon in your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a S/W 9 MM and I carry it if I am not going with a large group (I have a CPL also). I do this for the precise reason as to scare off an animal as noted above. As for the political aspect of this thread....well, nevermind. I have a handgun with a standard 8-in-the-mag capacity and a 12 gauge and a .270 and that's good enough for me. I don't know what the hell I'd even do with an AK or AR15.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have figured a Land Rover forum as a place to find fellow gun owners. I have a Utah CCW but last year Colorado made them invalid in CO for anyone not a Utah resident. I mostly want that for bears and critters in the outback anyway. My HK P2000 in 40 S&W is my choice for such situations, that should handle anything that I would come across in colorado. Take note of local laws on transporting and storage in vehicles, for most states you wouldn't need a CCW if you are more than a few motions from firing.

I have both an AR15 and an AK47. The AR is a nice gun to shoot, very accurate, but I really dislike the design/internals. The AK is horribly inaccurate and very rough around the edges but is a wonder to clean, you marvel at its simplicity. Another interesting design is the HK-91, I have a PTR clone of that. Quite the brutal gun to shoot with a collapsible stock.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my gun permit (and yours) ...

2ndAmendmentGunPermit.gif

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own quite a few guns, but only carry for hunting purposes. The rest stay in the house for storage or home protection. I don't even carry one for camping trips anymore.

I've been in a vehicle when some guy went road rage on my ass and if I had a gun I probably would have shot him and been thrown in ****-me-up-the-ass prison for a long time. Your best defense is usually a moving vehicle. I'm too worried about leaving a gun in the car becuase of theft and you'll never ever have one in reach for that .01% chance you need it.

I also accidentally discharged a pistol when I was unloading it when I was 12. Almost put a hole in my leg. I guess what I'm saying is that they usually aren't worth the hassle or risk to carry. I also don't live in combat zone.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually pack a shotgun on week long trips to somewhere remote. I store it in a fairly inaccessible location in the truck so that its not conspicuous nor readily available. For me, it's a bit of piece of mind, and potential practical use if I hit an animal that then needs to be put out its misery. That was standard practice in the boonies of Michigan where I'm originally from.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think for me the biggest thing I struggle with is clay pigeon shooting. I really enjoy shooting target clays, but they are not environmentally friendly, with shards of orange pottery strewn about in impossible to clean-up sized pieces. So even though I frequently go into BLM areas with few or no restrictions, I no longer go shooting unless its a designated and frequently used area. TreadLightly has profoundly effected my gun use. Isn't that ironic?

My wife:
trap-marni-01-1400.gif

My daughter:
ak47-megan-01-1400.gif

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think for me the biggest thing I struggle with is clay pigeon shooting. I really enjoy shooting target clays, but they are not environmentally friendly, with shards of orange pottery strewn about in impossible to clean-up sized pieces. So even though I frequently go into BLM areas with few or no restrictions, I no longer go shooting unless its a designated and frequently used area. TreadLightly has profoundly effected my gun use. Isn't that ironic?
These guys make biodegradable clays:

http://www.cci-international.com/english__/ourclays_.htm

They are still orange though. Also, it takes a year or two for them to break down completely. I looked for something that would melt pretty much as soon as water hit it, didn't find anything.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually pack a shotgun on week long trips to somewhere remote. I store it in a fairly inaccessible location in the truck so that its not conspicuous nor readily available. For me, it's a bit of piece of mind, and potential practical use if I hit an animal that then needs to be put out its misery. That was standard practice in the boonies of Michigan where I'm originally from.

NWOODS where in Michigan are you from?
I was raised by Cadillac, now live in *******.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own quite a few guns, but only carry for hunting purposes. The rest stay in the house for storage or home protection. I don't even carry one for camping trips anymore.

I've been in a vehicle when some guy went road rage on my ass and if I had a gun I probably would have shot him and been thrown in ****-me-up-the-ass prison for a long time. Your best defense is usually a moving vehicle. I'm too worried about leaving a gun in the car becuase of theft and you'll never ever have one in reach for that .01% chance you need it.

I also accidentally discharged a pistol when I was unloading it when I was 12. Almost put a hole in my leg. I guess what I'm saying is that they usually aren't worth the hassle or risk to carry. I also don't live in combat zone.

You may be better off with a cell phone and just call someone iif you feel the need to blow someone one away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635