Door locks are possessed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aio

Reaction score
Here is the newest bit of confusion with my new-to-me '95 RRC. While driving the doors lock and unlock bunches of times without any input from me. Lock, unlock, lock, unlock... in rapid succession. Anyone, any ideas?

AIO

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens when you disconnect the batter and then reconnect it. It happened to me yesterday...maybe check the battery connection?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
X2 battery or connection... could also be a bad ground. There are a lot of Grounds, but the major is the Battery and the fuse blocks.

G

gelf1907

Related problem...

I have a US '92 RR County and about every 5th time I arm the alarm, the doors lock and then immediately unlock. I have to cycle the alarm off and back on to get the doors to lock. Has anyone else seen this problem before and, if so, how is it fixed? Or, if you know where the alarm is, let me know so I can take a look at it and check its connections.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Gelf1907 your issue sounds more like the springs in the drivers door lock is going bad or need lubed... the drivers door controls the other doors.

Try locking the door via the key a few times a month and see if this helps.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM