Door Panel Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratcliff

Reaction score
Several days ago my driver side door handle stopped working from the inside. I knew that the cable had come off, but when I removed the door handle from the inside, I realized that I would need to remove the whole door panel and did not have time to get into that project. I took the car to the local dealer who told me that the process takes 1.5 hours and that the electrical connections had to be removed in a certain order.....making this a lot more complicated/lengthy process than I anticipated.

Is this really true, or is the process easier than that and I really should be able to do it myself?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't removed the panel myself, but while in the LR service dept. a few months back I watched a tech remove the drivers side panel in less than 10min. It's probably a matter of having the correct tools and knowing where the bolts/clips/screws are.

Hollywood619

Reaction score
I have removed the door panel in 10 minutes or less. Go to disco3.co.uk and search for door removal. It's easy and there isn't a electrical disconnect procedure.... more dealer lore to charge you more money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd