Driveline Vibration at 2k-2.5k RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anothersilver

Reaction score
I am getting a slight vibration at 70mph (2000-2500rpm). I notice it also happens in low gear at the same RPM but much lower mph. It does not happen when the car is in neutral. Tires and control arms are new and alignment was done.

Is there anything else that could cause this issue?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen at all times or just when your foot is on or off the gas?

I get this when my foot is off the gas at highway speeds. I'm pretty sure it's my front diff.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will send TSB # when I het home for the warranty work.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a similar situation as well ever since I took ownership in Dec 2012. I feel it in the steering wheel too and it is a pulsating vibration.
It is more noticeable when I am slightly taking my foot off the gas pedal, but not all the way off. Most noticeable from 40-50mph range.

I took it to the dealer shortly after purchase and the Jackasses said they didnt notice anything. I didnt have time then to take them for a ride. I do have the Ford ESP warranty, so I'm not too worried about cost of repair.... just dont want my front diff to explode on a trip if thats what it is.

Side note, I did have my rear diff replaced under the ESP Warranty shortly after purchase.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB is LTB00305NAS3

They damper off the transfer case carrier if I remember correctly which minimizes the vibration

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM