Drivers Side Power Window Issue-Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's side power window will no longer go down-I guess I am lucky that it wasn't the other way around:). Pls do not call me lazy-I have had not time to check fuses but was wondering if there is a typical diagnosis for this issue or if there are things to check for should the fuse not be the issue?
I am pretty handy so pulling stuff apart is not a biggie-Any insights appreciated

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem in a Jag before and was worried about the high price of the window motor. Once I verified that no fuses were blown, I took the door panel off and changed the wires of the driver switch over to the passenger switch. Once I tried it the driver window went down. It was a quick way to test if the problem is with the switch or with the motor. It's worth a try.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks-good idea-! I was messing with the switch panel on the door-seems to pull out-might be able to swap the switches there vs take door panel off-

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM