DRL's Blackout Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work!
As for the front plate - just remove it, and carry it in the back.
If you get questioned - show them and say it fell off and you haven't re-installed it yet.
Or mount it to the roof rack like the brits.

Maybe CA is (surprisingly) more lax - I have run a front German plate, or none at all my entire driving life - 28 years - and have only had 1 "fix-it" ticket for plates. $10 and promptly removed it after inspection - I considered it a coolness tax. haha!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's legally required in WA as well....but cops don't seem to enforce it. I got pulled over ONCE on a back road between a resort and the nearest (small) town. I think the cop just wanted to flex...and make sure I wasn't drunk or whatever. He mentioned the plate and let me go.

I keep one in the glove so I can throw it up on the dash and make like it was there the whole time. I doubt that will work.

I have the A-Frame as well and there is just no good place to put a license plate. I'd ask the cop to walk out and look at that beautiful front and and ask them "were would YOU put it, Officer?" :)
Screw it....I'll just pay the ticket.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's worth a try I guess. All the wasted time finding and installing an anchor point for the bolts down the drain. Never really looked at it as distracting but I see now.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.....you'll never be able to unsee it now!

Sorry 'bout that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA