Early Christmas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Took delivery of my new 2011 Orkney grey LR4 HSE this week. Just in time for two snow storms one of which brought 14 inches to my house. Due to advice given in another thread I have put Weather Tech mats in the front and the cargo area and got the OEM rubber mats for the second row. Still looking at short rails and possibly the Voyager roof rack/ladder by Rover Racks.

IMG_3780.jpg
[/IMG]

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good in that enviroment. Almost natural.

Very nice to have such a great vehicle for the new snow. You will love the heated wind screen if you get any more and have to drive home in it.

Rob

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! How are the stock tires (Conti Contacts?) in that kind of snow?

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Very nice! How are the stock tires (Conti Contacts?) in that kind of snow?

Mateored, The Conti's have been just fine. I had no grip issues. Lots of cars and trucks in the area had trouble with some of the hills being iced over, I was able to move right past all of them. I have done almost no off road yet, except the 200 yards to take the picture. I drove through 14 inches - 24 inches of snow on frozen rutted ground for the picture, but had no trouble what so ever.

I will get more aggressive tires when these are warn out, but so far I see no reason to discard them and go straight to the more aggressive tires.

Cheers

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mateored, The Conti's have been just fine. I had no grip issues. Lots of cars and trucks in the area had trouble with some of the hills being iced over, I was able to move right past all of them. I have done almost no off road yet, except the 200 yards to take the picture. I drove through 14 inches - 24 inches of snow on frozen rutted ground for the picture, but had no trouble what so ever.

I will get more aggressive tires when these are warn out, but so far I see no reason to discard them and go straight to the more aggressive tires.

Cheers

This is what I like to hear. We haven't gotten any snow yet which is crazy but when it does start to fall, I want to have confidence in my tires.

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! You LR4 looks great. It appears to be its natural habitat ...
I think its a wonderful vehicle for a place like Colorado.

BTW - I picked up an Ipanema Sand LR4 yesterday and today I drove it 600 miles to your beautiful state with my family. It was such a comfortable and confident drive.

We are headed to Steamboat Springs tomorrow and hopefully the drive will be as uneventful as it was today.

Happy holidays and safe driving!

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Congratulations! You LR4 looks great. It appears to be its natural habitat ...
I think its a wonderful vehicle for a place like Colorado.

BTW - I picked up an Ipanema Sand LR4 yesterday and today I drove it 600 miles to your beautiful state with my family. It was such a comfortable and confident drive.

We are headed to Steamboat Springs tomorrow and hopefully the drive will be as uneventful as it was today.

Happy holidays and safe driving!

No better place to spend Christmas than the mountains of Colorado. I hope you and your family have a great visit. Enjoy your LR4.

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM