emergency lock/unlock (cap)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
i used the emergeny lock/unlock feature to see how it worked. im having trouble getting the cap back on now.

anyone delt with this? hoping i didnt break it.

thanks.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
well i superglued it. yes....i did.

should be easy to get off in a real emergency (God forbid).

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep fiddling with it.

After about the third go around, reinstalling the cap gets pretty routine.

Do not use force however. If you think maybe it is broken, look on eBay as you may find some pictures of it, or go to the parts dept of your dealer and ask them to look at it. The odds are it is OK, just takes time to figure out.

Also removing the cap is real easy as well once you know how.

With the cap removed it was good that you exercised the lock.

I always roll the drivers window down first and then try manually locking and unlocking the door. I do that about twice a year to make certain that the manual unlock has not frozen up. When you need it is not the time to find out it is frozen from lack of use.

palmettorover

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. Book says to push left and in, but that's BS. I am with bbyer- practice is what it takes.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had the issue once before on the 08. I was follwoing the book and it would not stay in, went by the dealer and the service writer gave it a VERY healthy smack back in place. never had the issue since. I have only removed it one more time and patiently psuhed it back in place.

wich I could be of any help excpet to say you may have to use some brute finesse to get it to stay in place....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9