Engine Code P0101 MAF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been getting intermittent "reduced engine performance" message, it goes away but then comes back. usually low RPM's around 20-40 MPH. My 05 V8 threw this code P0101 which was read the following MAF OR VAF A CKT RANGE/PERF. I would assume this is Mass Air Flow, however I haven't seen anything regarding this code. Found link to Rangie forum http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=15926&highlight=p0101 but it wasn't too helpful.

Anyone seen this on your LR3?
Found link on LRRForum that it could be Throttle Body, but not able to find those online.
http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=6200&highlight=Mass&page=6
If it is Throttle Body how involved is the DYI if I can find the parts?
Appreciate guidance.

Grazi!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 101 is a fault code indicating your MAF circuit is out of range/performance.
Time for a new one. By the way, how often do you change your air filter, are you using paper or a K&N type filter.
When buying a replacement do not buy after market or generic but buy one with matching part numbers.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I'm hoping it's the MAF & not the Throttle Body I heard of on the other forum. I'm due for a new Air Filter. so I'll order that up too. Matching numbers I assume you're referring to LR OEM vs. 3rd party for the MAF & Filter?
Cheers,
Charles

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure it has the same model number on the replacement as your original one has and go with the factory air filter, it is a lot better then an after market one from the parts store.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49