Engine Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jessifunn

Reaction score
Hi I needed some Discovery advice so I figured I'd go to the pros!

I have a 2003 Discover II that I am trying to figure out what to do with.
The other day it over heated and was smoking. I had it towed to a machanic and he said the radiator was busted and it damaged the engine and I would need a new one.

I see they are quite pricey. What is the value of the car as is if I were to sell it. I can't decide if I should look for a new engine or just sell it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A 2003 with no engine is worth maybe $1000 - 1500.... with an engine $6000 - 7500 depending on condition and options it may be a bit more.

Jessifunn

Reaction score
A 2003 with no engine is worth maybe $1000 - 1500.... with an engine $6000 - 7500 depending on condition and options it may be a bit more.

Thanks Joey

Any suggestions other than junk yards when looking for the motor?

spikeRovah

Reaction score
What is your price range?

I am currently looking into an engine from Atlantic British... roverparts.com

Whatever you do, do not buy from roverlandparts.com... Just got an engine from them and was guaranteed to run. After the past 2 months of trying to fix this engine, I still have no oil pressure on cold start. The engine is bad, and I had to remove it.

They only offered to pay half my labor costs...which isn't a lot. I spent quite a bit in labor and I still have no engine in my truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak