Everything's broke!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
HELP!! Everything's broke!!

Ok, got an '05 lr3 that I love but it just started goin nuts. After about 10 miles of driving I get a suspension fault, transmission fault, engine fault, hdc fault, special programs not available, brake pad wear light, airbag light, cruise doesn't work, vehicle lowers and will not raise. if I shut it off and start it back up it all clears for a few miles and then it all comes back. I tried a soft reset but it doesnt help. When I start it, I try to raise it back up and it says "vehicle raising slowly". It does raise but only until it throws the codes again then it goes back to access hieght. Any help would be appreciated. I do all my own work but don't know where to start. Thanks.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could a weak alternator or a bad main ground be the culprit? Not only check the battery for charge but also load test it, clean the posts, inspect the battery cables, etc.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
Battery and alternator are fine and grounds are tight. Going to replace the brake switch, read that that could be it in another thread. Any other ideas?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that. It's fine. Thanks though.

How did you test it? Your local autoparts store won't be able to properly test a failing battery (at least this nutty LR type). You'll need to know exact amperage and load values. Just sayin...

Rover junkie

Reaction score
I tested it with a $600 Snap-On load tester. 13.4 volts, 800 amp. 12.7 volts under load. I dont know what it should be for this vehicle but itd be hard to be much better considering its a 720cca battery. 13.4 volts is industry standard for alternator.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
Ok, I changed the front brake pads, wear sensor and the brake switch on the pedal. I drove it all day and no faults except an engine fault which I had before. I think the brake switch was the culprit. It was $15 bucks at LR but I noticed that it was a Ford part. The one I took out was a LR part but the new one said FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company). Anyone have any idea what Ford vehicle this would cross with? How many other parts are Ford parts? I'm sure Ford is cheaper and there's a dealership on every corner unlike LR. Now I gotta figure out that engine fault.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so on your engine fault. You've either got to get it hooked up to a computer and see what the code says. The time I had this issue, I started dumping in a can of sea foam in the tank each fill up. The light went out, and i've been adding a can every couple of months or so ever since. The error (paid the dealer once to fix) and the light came on as I drove home from the dealer. The issue was throttle body cleaning. Apparently the sea foam did a better job than the dealer, as the light went out on it's own after that. Sea Foam should be available at most auto stores.

Some errors probably won't clear themselves.

keep us posted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis