Exhaust Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWELCH

Reaction score
I'd like to remove the silencer behind the muffler and just run straight pipes in its place, may also remove rear silencers and include turn-downs. Any opinion on cutting it between the mid-muffler and larger silencer?

Trynian

Reaction score
I'd like to remove the silencer behind the muffler and just run straight pipes in its place, may also remove rear silencers and include turn-downs. Any opinion on cutting it between the mid-muffler and larger silencer?

Everyone I know that has has not been completely happy. Maybe if you have a better remaining muffler.

Also that big round silencer is design to prevent water ingress further up the line. If you plan on any water crossings.

Last edited:

DWELCH

Reaction score
Everyone I know that has has not been completely happy. Maybe if you have a better remaining muffler.

Also that big round silencer is design to prevent water egress further up the line. If you plan on any water crossings.

Excellent info thanks, I may just not bother. Don't fix it if it isn't broken lol

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also that big round silencer is design to prevent water egress further up the line. If you plan on any water crossings.
You must mean water ingress -- and that is pretty stupid regardless, a big ******* box is not going to overcome physics.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@steve: What does the shape of the LR3 and its futile attempt to defy physics have to do with a muffler that is designed to keep water from creeping up its ass? If keeping the muffler helps to not hydro-lock the engine then it's good advice. If you are just saying that it's stupid to do water crossings you won't find many allies on this forum because this one has a "wheelin' culture."

Trynian

Reaction score
You must mean water ingress -- and that is pretty stupid regardless, a big ******* box is not going to overcome physics.

Yes I did mean ingress, you should look at the design of the exaust system again to appreciate how it keeps water ingress to a minimum. Use your physics knowledge to imagine where the water goes once it begins entering the system.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"use your physics knowledge..."

Love it! I hope Professor Steve realizes that he can stick to simple Newtonian Physics and not resort to using Relativistic stuff, since the LR3 moves nowhere near the speed of light!

Trynian

Reaction score
For an update, for anyone that is interested now after six months with this exhaust system modified there has been no issue of anykind that I have encounterd running this.

Works great offroad and on the Rubicon last October we spent a lot of time wading through flooded areas from the previous rain with no problems.

I still like having the longer pipes on during normal daily driving but my buddy Mark leaves his in the shorter mode full time.

They also have proved convenient when working on things in that area for better access.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"use your physics knowledge..."

Love it! I hope Professor Steve realizes that he can stick to simple Newtonian Physics and not resort to using Relativistic stuff, since the LR3 moves nowhere near the speed of light!

OK...you now are officially speaking "Moon Man". I like chicks, boobs, beer and 4wheeling. That is all...:bandit:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boobs are cool but I guess I'm more of an ass man...

+ beer, college football and 4-wheelin.

So I'm with ya for the most part, I just happen to know a lil' Physics too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72