Extended Warranty for 4 grand. Should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 48,000 miles. Have to decide before 49,000. Truck is 2.5 years old. I can add 3 years and to 100,000 miles for a little under $4,000.

Sounds pricy, but I am sure LR3 repairs will be pricy as well. I am sure I will stay with the truck as I have the winch, rock sliders, and a little off road wear, so no sense getting rid of it now.

Thoughts?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 48,000 miles. Have to decide before 49,000. Truck is 2.5 years old. I can add 3 years and to 100,000 miles for a little under $4,000.

Sounds pricy, but I am sure LR3 repairs will be pricy as well. I am sure I will stay with the truck as I have the winch, rock sliders, and a little off road wear, so no sense getting rid of it now.

Thoughts?

Yeah, trade it in on an 2008 model, write it off through your business as participatory market research for a particular magazine account. Have your cake and eat it too....but switch the sliders to the new truck first!

Reaction score
Considering Extended Warranty

I am thinking about extending my warranty also. I tend to keep my cars a long time - only owned two in 22 years - Chevy S10 Blazer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After a tortured decision making process that went on for months, I landed in an 06 LR3 last December (my wife said buy 5 minutes into the first test drive - took me a couple more months).

Eight months and 15K miles later and I absolutely love the truck, No problems, not even tire wear, just one minor leak in the coolant reservoir hose that was fixed during the 15K service.

The issue now is I find myself worrying about using up the warranty and it is affecting my vehicle choice - LR3 vs company sedan on business, LR3 vs Jeep Wrangler for driving 400 miles to visit the parents, ect.

I am considering purchasing an extended warranty and am interested in what folks on this board think. The dealer say 7yr/100k will cost $4300 (approx) and that the pricing goes up about 20 percent once I clock over 20K miles.

Is this something I can shop dealer to dealer? Would it be best to get it now or put another 35K miles and deal with it then if I still like the truck? Should I consider rolling the dice and just drive it as much as I want and pay what I need to if it breaks later?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink