Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIP

Reaction score
With 43k trouble-free miles, my 2005 LR3 is approaching the end of its factory warranty. LR dealer quoted me over $7k USD ($250 USD deductable) to extend warranty up to 100k miles or incremental 4 years (whatever occurs first). This is ~50% increase compared to last year's pricing. Was told that price hike occured in April 2008.

Did anybody obtain Extended Warranty through "other" insurers (f.i. Auto Advantage, Fidelity, ...) ? If so, what are your experiences and what are you paying ? In particular, I am trying to understand the process (complexity) of getting repair claim approved and reimbursed.

Thanks !

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, something is not right. First the price did increase however LandRover just started giving a one thousand dollar rebate when you purchase an extended warranty. I just bought the 6 year 100k miles for $4,200 including the rebate and a $300 dollar discount for being a costco member. I have a 2005 LR3. Sounds like you were quoted prices for the Range Rover!
Craig

RIP

Reaction score
Well, I was told that last year's price of $3.9k USD went up to over $7 USD and that price was adjusted in April 2008. Since your information is quite different from what my dealer is telling me, I would like to know which provider is listed on your Extended Warranty contract ? Is it EasyCare ?

Anybody who can share experience about other providers (Auto Advantage, Warranty4Cars, Fidelity, ....) ?

Thanks

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is the "Land Rover Assured" warranty. And the rebate comes from "Land Rover Assured $1000 Rebate". Let me know if you have any other questions, glad to help.

RIP

Reaction score
Just to make sure that I got the facts straight before challenging my dealer... Are you saying that you paid $4.2k USD (after rebates and incentives) for LR Extended Warrany up to 6 years or 100k miles (whatever happens first), with clock starting at registration ?

aah78

Reaction score
service covered?

LR dealer quoted me over $7k USD ($250 USD deductable) to extend warranty up to 100k miles or incremental 4 years (whatever occurs first).
Ouch! That's terrible.

wow, something is not right. I just bought the 6 year 100k miles for $4,200 . I have a 2005 LR3.
My father-in-law bought the same extended warranty (6 yr/100k miles) at $4200, for his 2005L LR3, around a year (and some months) ago.
It has a $100 deductible. The LR3 had covered around 38k to 40k miles then.

Recently he got it serviced for the first time out of warranty and was charged $170 for a regular service (oil change, etc.).

He was under the impression that extended warranty included service and he would only have to pay the deductible -is this right?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! That's terrible.

My father-in-law bought the same extended warranty (6 yr/100k miles) at $4200, for his 2005L LR3, around a year (and some months) ago.
It has a $100 deductible. The LR3 had covered around 38k to 40k miles then.

Recently he got it serviced for the first time out of warranty and was charged $170 for a regular service (oil change, etc.).

He was under the impression that extended warranty included service and he would only have to pay the deductible -is this right?
Your Father in Law is misinformed. The warranty only covers breakdown of components of the vehicle. Therefore normal wear and tear items such as oil changes, filters, brake shoes, discs are not covered and are at the owners expense. Nonetheless, the warranty will probably pay for itself around 75k miles when things like compressors, front and rear bushings, stereos and other mechanical/electrical issues start popping up.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $2,600 for EasyCare 5 year or 50,000 additional miles. Price jumps up to $5,200 if the extended warranty isn't put in place prior to the vehicle going over 25,000 miles. My dealer claims the EasyCare warranty is the same as the Land Rover factory warranty its cheaper because its not branded LR.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe key is not what the dealer claims, but that you get and read the contract terms in full prior to paying. Be sure it covers what you expect, that air suspension components are not excluded and such. To be sure it's the same, compare the coverage levels. EasyCare appears by name to be the company that provides (or provided) the LR branded program based on a quick web search.

m5ccie

Reaction score
If your car is less than 3 years old and has less than 36,000 mi, the the Ford ESP warranty is another option. I just bought a 6yr/75K mi warranty, the Premium care which covers air suspension, NAV, etc., for $1650 with a $50 deductible from http://www.fordwarrantys.com/premiumCare.cfm.

I have NO affiliation to that dealer or program. I just want to let people know that there may be reasonable warranty choices out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo