LR4 Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
Hi

I have a '16 LR4 HSE, 29,500 miles.

I've had it for 4 years, want to keep it for a while. Not mechanically inclined.

2 options for extended warranty...

Land Rover/Assurant $3967, no deductible if I go to my local LR dealer for claims.

CNA - $3800 - no deductible anywhere and I have a good indy shop close by.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Land Rover one the same as their Certified Pre-Owned one? If so, it's a pretty good warranty, but be forewarned that it does not cover wear items. A big "wear item" you'll see is the lower control arm bushings. When (not if) those go, you are out-of-pocket on those, and at a Land Rover dealer, that's $1,800 or so. You can get it done far cheaper at an indy.

The CNA one could be good, but I don't know anything about it. You can call your Land Rover dealer and see if they'll tell you what they think of it.

Disco Fever

Reaction score
Autopom! Looks like a good company offering a nice variety of plans. I have a low mileage 2016 LR4 as well and will be contacting this company as well as the dealer for quotes. I’ll report back next week.

mlichner24

Reaction score
Hello, saw this topic come up and it is kinda topical fo rme also. We have a 2014 Evoque and the CPO is expiring in April. So will be following this to find out what info you have. But i can not find many companies that will cover the car.

Thanks

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a '16 LR4 HSE, 29,500 miles.

I've had it for 4 years, want to keep it for a while. Not mechanically inclined.

2 options for extended warranty...

Land Rover/Assurant $3967, no deductible if I go to my local LR dealer for claims.

CNA - $3800 - no deductible anywhere and I have a good indy shop close by.

Thoughts?

Thanks

You seem to put few miles on your LR4. I also was putting ~7500 miles/year on mine for the first 3 years. Now I am at 6.3 years and just cracked 40k miles on my late 2013. I did not buy extended warranty and have not had any issues.

The big question is what is the length of the warranty and to what mileage will it take you? If you expect to be at under 60k miles by the time the warranty is up, that may be wasted money. $4k pays for a decent chunk of repair if something were to happen before 60k miles. That's just my opinion, of course.

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
I bought the Land Rover VPP. It is through assurant. $100 deductible if I use a LR dealer shop, $250 otherwise.

48 month, up to 75k miles was $2883 plus tax. I purchased it at just under 30k miles. I plan to keep the car for another 4 years. Just changed tires, likely need brakes and rotors in the next year or so.

I figure with the tires and brakes done and the warranty, I shouldn’t have to drop another penny other than oil changes and regular maintenance?

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
This was more enticing than getting into a new disco which to be honest I’m not a big fan of. Would have done a defender but I don’t think the price will be right for a few years after release. G wagon too expensive. What else is big and boxy and can fit a ton of cargo like the LR4?

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was more enticing than getting into a new disco which to be honest I’m not a big fan of. Would have done a defender but I don’t think the price will be right for a few years after release. G wagon too expensive. What else is big and boxy and can fit a ton of cargo like the LR4?
Nothing else is like the LR4, I just drove a few jeeps and to be honest they all suck so and I am spoiled ROVER
haha....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM