Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine is asking how they activate the plan, when buying a Ford ESP warranty from a non-local place (like linked to above)? Do you need drive to a local dealer for verification and paperwork?

I paid for mine over the internet, no inspection. The next day I received an email saying my lr3 was covered at all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealer in the US. A week later I receive the contract in the mail, good at any lincensed repair facility.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I paid for mine over the internet, no inspection. The next day I received an email saying my lr3 was covered at all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealer in the US. A week later I receive the contract in the mail, good at any lincensed repair facility.

My purchase was identical.. Paid for the ESP warranty by phone and within a week, received the contract info and receipt. It is not necessary to have your LR checked out anywhere before purchasing the ext. warranty through ESP.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same story. The key is that the Ford ESP plan only takes vehicles that are wihtin the 3yr/36month time frame. This really means that the mfg warranty is still in place. I paid, got confirmation emails, and got the detailed contract in the mail about seven days later. The contract indicates that if the repair can by covered by mfg warranty, that will be used rather than the EDS plan. It also states that any repair that would be obvious in a simple vehicle inspection may not be covered if it is apparent that it was in place prior to the warranty purchase.

Frankly, it seemed extremely rational and fair. After getting the detailed contract and reading it in full, I got no surprises at all, and in fact my confidence was greatly enhanced.

It is good at any ASE certified repair shop including all LR dealerships.

wthrchubbs

Reaction score
I just purchased 08 LR3 SE that was a loaner car for 3 months w/ 3k miles. When they offered me LR's extended warranty @ $3200 for 6/100k the finance officer asked if there was any price I'd like to pay, I stated $1500. He told me that wasn't possible but kept asking if there was another price I would pay. Needless to say we went back and forth for 20mins until we settled on $1600... times are tough fellow LR3 owners, they are willing to deal. But thanks to this forum/post I had enough info to base my buying decision.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in on that, too. Tell us the F&I contact, please. It's the full boat "exclusionary" LR policy, then?

BTW, used 08 SE with 5-7000 miles go in the low 30s, some very low, at auction these days. What's retail?

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I'd be willing to shell out that price on my 06 LR3 if you're dealer is interested in offering the same deal to me LOL..

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 08 Demos I'm seeing anywhere from 32-47k depending on packages installed. Usually the 40k+ are HSE, and anything below 40 is SE on the lots here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo