Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m5ccie

Reaction score
It appears the Ford ESP plan is becoming a popular choice. I'm glad I contributed with my warranty buying experience and give back a little to this great forum.

On another thought, maybe future warranty buyers could drive a forum group buy for the ESP warranty for additional savings and forum sponsorship. A win win for everyone.

Peace, :hello:
Jim K.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the site and it looks as thought its for Ford, Lincoln and Merc. only? Would they cover repairs at the LR dealership?

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW. Thanks that is much cheaper than the 4k LR quote I was given for 5 yr 100k but I get a 1k coupon. Does it cover everything the LR warranty would cover?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to read and compare the contracts, and don't buy any plan without reading the fine print on exclusions, etc. Be sure you compare the start dates - the LR deal at 5 years is not the same as the Ford deal at 6 years, I bet, since Ford starts with the car's initial sale/lease date when new and thus adds only 2 years of coverage to the 4/50 factory term. No way LR would quote $4000 for only one more year to get to 5 total or 100000 miles, so there must be a difference of several years' coverage here.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some additional things to look at; here in Canada there are actually 2 LR Plans - the typical LR Assured (which has recently been renamed "LR Exclusionary"), and an LR CPO - I'm not sure if that's the exact name or not, but it was how the local sales manager referred to the plan. The two plans are identical, other then in price. The LR Assured/Exclusionary for a 2006 LR3 SE lists at $5300 CAD for a total of 7 years/100k miles from the initial in service date, while the "CPO" (again I doubt that's the actual name) is $3200. The difference in the plans - who sold you the car! If you bought used from a Land Rover dealership you may be eligeable for the CPO pricing (it's possible that it might have to be purchased at the time you buy your CPO - I didn't ask as I wasn't going this route).

I'm not sure if this mirrors whats in the US, but until last week I had never heard of the plan (and I've been a LR owner for 4 years, and have frequented various online forums). Granted, there's little Canadian specific info online, but I'm suprised it hasn't come up.

For what it's worth, when I transferred my last warranty to a new owner and was speaking with the folks from LR Assured/Exclusionary, they mentioned that the warranty is a North American warranty and that I could use it in the US or use it in Canada, or vice-versa. If the difference in the Canadian or USD increases dramatically, this may be an option for some of you as well!

And for anyone looking - re-read mustbeaudi's post a page back about "Exclusionary" warranties - this is the ONLY one that you want for an LR3!

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for anyone looking - re-read mustbeaudi's post a page back about "Exclusionary" warranties - this is the ONLY one that you want for an LR3!

I am not sure if this Ford ESP Warranty is ''Exclusionary''.

Has anyone tried to use it?

Last edited:

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this Ford ESP Warranty is ''Exclusionary''.

Has anyone tried use it?

The comment from "goinsurfin" a few pages back indicates that the sales rep claimed it was an exclusionary warranty. I'd get someone to check the actual wording to be sure... Basically your looking for wording to the effect that everything is covered exept a list of items (generally things like wear & tear, rust, etc, etc).

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford-ESP warranty IS exclusionary if you purchase the "PremiumCare" warranty. The other three lesser options are not as comprehensive and not exclusionary. The actual ESP contract basically says the PremiumCare covers everything except a few listed items. I have an 05 LR3 HSE and got the 6yr/100k PremiumCare for $1,915.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine is asking how they activate the plan, when buying a Ford ESP warranty from a non-local place (like linked to above)? Do you need drive to a local dealer for verification and paperwork?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72