Factory/dealer rosen DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if this has a repeat play feature? i cant find it.

spatterso

Reaction score
There is no repeat play feature. If you have the T10, which most dealers installed, you have a remote control, which can be used to replay the disk from the driver/front pass. seat. The Rosen unit is a really nice device, and has much better quality than many of the rival units on the market. It is one of the only units that developed an integrated case to incorporate the rear HVAC controls and to conform to the contours of the sloped roof of the LR3. It also has decent games, negating the need to have extra gear, but can take a PS2 or xbox if you desire. I hope you are enjoying the unit as much as I am.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of. i have the remote but with sound going thru headphones i wont know when my 2 yr old needs it replayed unless she starts whining or something cuz i cant see screen either.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would it run to get the factory one installed. Is this even possible? My LR3 didnt come with one and I'm very interested.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no "factory installed one", so it's easy to get installed. :smile: You can buy both the OEM DVD system (Rosen) and the install kit from someone that sells Land Rover parts, including your dealer.

YIP500350: LR3 DVD system (Rosen)
VUB503142: LR3 Installation Kit

You can attempt to install it yourself, or hire Land Rover or a shop to do it.

FYI: It's likely you could get two larger screen DVD systems, one installed on each side, for less money than the cost of these parts and the labor a Land Rover dealer would charge to install.

Last edited:

spatterso

Reaction score
The dealer usually doesn't install them. They subcontract out and collect a small profit. You can get the TVandNavtogo device (RGB) that connects to your front screen. Then you can see the dvd, control it, AND get a rear view camera all to boot.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i just had my rosen A9 replaced under warranty for a new A9. selling dealer installed originally and the new one installed by subcontractor for local dealer. the new A9 does not say land rover when i turn it on like old one. not a big deal but the biggest issue is that i now cannot roll the sound to speakers using AUX setting. installer couldnt get it to work on new unit even thoguh manual walks you thru how to do it. he questioned whether the other unit ever did it and i said it absolutely did. thoughts?

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will update my own post here to say that i got the new unit to roll to the car speakers. even though my installer who claims he knows the lr3 "extrememly well" couldnt figure it out and didnt believe it ever worked on the old (like i was crazy or something). the problem seems to the order of settings input. first the radio has to be set to something other than AUX. then change setting on dvd to "speaker sound enabled". then briefly push AUX button and sound should come over. we played with it for an hour and always had it in AUX mode to no avail.

spatterso

Reaction score
They are installing the Rosen T10 now. Any idea what the differences are, besides diff. screen size?

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard the newer ones have pre installed games.........

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd