fault code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ive had a few and some dont make sense and another i cant find what the code means. so ive had 1193- oxygen sensor circuit open down stream, i just replaced the o2 sensors about a month or two ago. also had p1314 - misfire catalyst damage fault bank a. the cat is also band new. then i just got p0397, and i cant find what that means anywhere? any help with what that is or why im getting fault codes relating to things i just replaced would be welcome and very much appriciated. i swear the rover hates me.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
0397 isn't a correct code.

Or it could be a transmission code but I doubt it... Try cleaning the MAF and hope it goes away.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have already cleaned the MAF, did you pull the codes or did someone else?

The reason I ask is P0397 is not a LR or Generic Code.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cleaned it actualy 2 weeks ago,and the codes came up last week on my uncles obd2

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your Disco 2, you really can't clean the Bosch MAF without killing it right on the spot or over the next few weeks.
The 1193 code is a heater circuit failure on the down stream 02 which should not cause the 1314.
Question, how has your truck been starting, does your exhaust smell more then normal and how has the tranny been shifting in either 3rd or 4th gear, is it hunting around a little before shifting?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer