FINALLY! Part of the Family !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... and sell those tires and get some new ones ;) A looooooooot of suggestions/info on this board about tires.

yeaaaaaa I am not too thrilled with the tires. They are new and with a tread wear of 600 they will be around for awhile! :mad: I may sell them in the next month.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are new and with a tread wear of 600 they will be around for awhile! :mad:

Only about 20k miles! I would suggest selling them to somebody while they are new, and then using that money to get better tires. I would guess most people here will suggest the same thing.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...unless he can swing 2 sets of wheels and tires. It would be most functional option. Wear out set of the cheap rubber on the street, and one off-road set may even have enough tread have some resale value at the end of LR3 ownership.

AND welcome to the family. As a former Audi owner, I also agree about the quality interior. I would also take all the LR3 buttons over LR4 menus every time.

Last edited:

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was the "lowball offer?" I'd get another set of wheels for the winter and if you plan to go off road. Use up the other tires on the street...they prob. ride ok

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...unless he can swing 2 sets of wheels and tires. It would be most functional option. Wear out set of the cheap rubber on the street, and one off-road set may even have enough tread have some resale value at the end of LR3 ownership.

AND welcome to the family. As a former Audi owner, I also agree about the quality interior. I would also take all the LR3 buttons over LR4 menus every time.

Thanks Morrisdl! Good thought on the second set of rims for off-roading. The family and I try to hit the trails about 8-10 times a year. So it may be worth it! I will take a look!

Glad to see you were a Audi owener! What Audi did you own? The only thing I with the LR3 did have is the scrolling RDS Radio info in the "MFI" . The Audi has that and I just glance down to the center on the gauges and see what station I am on and what's playing. Other then that little item I really like the layout!

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RvDUB, I bought my truck from LR Flatirons and put the Coopers on almost immediately after buying the car. I talked to my Sales Guide and he bought the tires back from me at his cost and put them on the next CPO they prepped. I had the exact same tires that you have and they were brand new. See what they say. I have found the CO dealerships to be awesome, especially to guys that wheel.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if he gets another pair for off-roading and even if the pair he has ride well... they will still only last 20k-25k miles, which is pretty crappy regardless.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hankook Dynapro ATMs are $145/tire from discounttire. They are getting good reviews and the price cant be beat, get them before they skyrocket. I have them and am happy I did it.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd venture to say they would last longer than 25k with a UTQG of 600.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112