FINALLY! Part of the Family !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on changing tires.Sell while their new.There is a market among Lexus owners for them,at least that is where my set was sold.Get rid of them and save yourself from later frustration .We have all been there and done it.It is one of the easiest and quickest fixes on our Lr3 s to gain some maneuverability and peace of mind in the long run.When i was running wranglers hp , I thought that my diffs are failing, that is how bad they are.It is no joke.I believe Audi has some frustrating problems with they tires on Q7s,but that is probably related with front aliment or suspension.Ours is strictly bad OEM tires.You don't want to mess with 6020 lbs.of LOVE (recently weighted LR3 on the scale with me in it and full tank of gas,not counting RS sliders and other equipment) on the highway with bad tires and brakes....and WELCOME to LR family, the biggest car related enthusiastic group on the world.!!!:biggrin:

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd venture to say they would last longer than 25k with a UTQG of 600.

Has anyone on this board gotten much more than 25k out of their stock tires? I just replaced my originals at 23k just last month. They probably could have gone a bit more, but definitely not capable for doing anything other than driving to the mall in the summer time.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch....I just realized , that DUB has KUMHO tires....hmmm,slightly better, than Wranglers...well,you should have two sets, than...each for specific purpose,on and off road.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch....I just realized , that DUB has KUMHO tires....hmmm,slightly better, than Wranglers...well,you should have two sets, than...each for specific purpose,on and off road.

Oh wow, you're right. They have a similar tread pattern! I have no idea how long those will last; sorry for the false alarm :)

Strike three for me! I won't post any more on this thread :stupido2:

Last edited:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are correct! I have the Kumho's! They ride nice on the road BUT they are not off-road worthy! So yes, I guess I am just a step up form the Goodyear's ! lol :argh:

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Landy

Congrats on the new toy!!

As many have already told you, you are going to love this truck!!! You already know there is a wealth of info on this site too...these folks are great.

BTW...I have the stock Wranglers, and @23k miles, they are getting noisy but still have almost half their life left. Makes it very hard to convince the wife that I really NEEEEEED those MTRs :frown:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RvDUB, I bought my truck from LR Flatirons and put the Coopers on almost immediately after buying the car. I talked to my Sales Guide and he bought the tires back from me at his cost and put them on the next CPO they prepped. I had the exact same tires that you have and they were brand new. See what they say. I have found the CO dealerships to be awesome, especially to guys that wheel.

Thanks BldrRover! I did spend some time up at Flatirons as well and they were great ! Just did not have the one I was looking for. Can I ask where in town you purchased your Cooper's?

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on changing tires.Sell while their new.There is a market among Lexus owners for them,at least that is where my set was sold.Get rid of them and save yourself from later frustration .We have all been there and done it.It is one of the easiest and quickest fixes on our Lr3 s to gain some maneuverability and peace of mind in the long run.When i was running wranglers hp , I thought that my diffs are failing, that is how bad they are.It is no joke.I believe Audi has some frustrating problems with they tires on Q7s,but that is probably related with front aliment or suspension.Ours is strictly bad OEM tires.You don't want to mess with 6020 lbs.of LOVE (recently weighted LR3 on the scale with me in it and full tank of gas,not counting RS sliders and other equipment) on the highway with bad tires and brakes....and WELCOME to LR family, the biggest car related enthusiastic group on the world.!!!:biggrin:

Thanks for the input Thorgal! I have already started looking at other tires! Appreciate your insight!

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new toy!!

As many have already told you, you are going to love this truck!!! You already know there is a wealth of info on this site too...these folks are great.

BTW...I have the stock Wranglers, and @23k miles, they are getting noisy but still have almost half their life left. Makes it very hard to convince the wife that I really NEEEEEED those MTRs :frown:

Thanks Rix92 ! This forum is fantastic!~ I have learned a lot and look forward to learning more! I

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112