FINALLY! Part of the Family !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a 2008 myself. Great vehicle and this is a great forum. I'm still learnig about the vehicles, but it's such a unique family and culture and there's a lot of knowledge being shared around here. Enjoy it and love it.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I have the black on black and love it! I'm jealous of your rear locker, though!

If you've never owned a black vehicle be sure to read up about taking care of one... it's a lot of work, but it's a pleasure to clean such a beautiful vehicle ;)

Thanks Beantmt! Funny you mention how high maintenance Black can be! My Audi S4 is Black as well and I swore I would NEVER own another black car. Until I saw the LR in Java Black! What a fantastic color!

I am planning on laying down my 5 layers of Menzerna Shine in the next couple weeks!

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you tell it has the HD package with rear locker. I can't from the photos and he doesn't mention it as an option.

Congrats RvDub on the new purchase, looks good.

Thanks Trynian! I don't have the HD Package. I looked and looked but could not find one within 1,000 miles. Now, I did ask my Sales Guide why I have a rear locker symbol since I do not have the HD package? He said I have an automatic locking rear diff that will engage as needed. The HD package allows you to manually lock the rear diff. That's what I was told!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. I have even read reports that sometimes it shows locked on LR3 with out a locking rear diff. I guess its just trying to tell you that it would use it if it existed. I would love to meet up sometime this summer at Rausch creek and see the difference it actually makes - any takers?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said I have an automatic locking rear diff that will engage as needed. The HD package allows you to manually lock the rear diff. That's what I was told!

Yah... your sales guy was trying to not make himself look bad haha. If you look underneath the rear for a full size spare or at the rear diff itself and see an actuator on it, you have the locking diff. If not, you won't, regardless of the unlocked symbol on the nav. No worries though because Terrain Response, you'll soon find out, is really good with braking one side vs the other and getting you out of sticky situations. A lot of people have said that it really doesn't matter, it just makes it easier for the truck. Congrats on your LR! I have a java black too and it looks fantastic when waxed up, just watch out for swirl marks.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the big spare hanging down, so my guess no rear locker.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... and sell those tires and get some new ones ;) A looooooooot of suggestions/info on this board about tires.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the big spare hanging down, so my guess no rear locker.

Your correct! no HD package... I looked and looked but could not find a LR with the HD package.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72