Finding a Replacement Speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King_Richard

Reaction score
2000 discovery. Stock everything. My right top passenger door speaker is going out. I'm havin a heck of a time trying to find a replacement. ideas?

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speakers

Finding a Replacement Speaker

2000 discovery. Stock everything. My right top passenger door speaker is going out. I'm havin a heck of a time trying to find a replacement. ideas?

Hmmmmmmmmm Well to be honest with you My wifes Landrover has the worst sounding speakers in a pricy upper class vehicle that I’ve ever heard.

What I did was head of to the local stereo shop and replaced the speakers. I bought 2way 8 ohm speakers for the doors I think they were rated at 25 watts each, and they are very efficient. The bass speaker is composed of poly propylene and will resist the weather. The bass cone has ½” travel which sounds awesome. I had to slightly modify,( I’m trying not to use the word cut!) The door a little to accept the speaker. Of course the speaker wire terminal had to be amputated, and ones that fit spliced on. For a no name brand of speaker, and for this unit, it rocks………… literally

Best wishes Chongo
:bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4