First impressions of BFG All-Terrains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, WOW, WOW!

When I first got the truck I took it to a grassy hill that people drive up. The tires just spun. Granted, it was a rainy day and the hill's covered in grass but I almost got stuck just trying to get back onto the road. I was pretty shaken confidence wise because it's not that steep a hill and the LR3 really never had a chance of getting up it.

Today, in similarly rainy/slick conditions, but with the new tires on, the truck just walked up it like it was a shopping mall parking lot. The last time I tried the hill the truck slid all over the place, this time it went right up in a straight line. No fuss, no muss.

I wanted to take muddy photos when I got home but the rain on the freeway pretty much cleaned off the truck.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your happy with your decision Lyon. How did you do with jamming the spare
up under the truck?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lyon, it is indeed amazing what a set of tires can do. I put the Zeons on my LR3 and then went nuts in my Dad's 6 acres of open field after a few weeks of rain. There is a section in the back that is epitomy of "Mud n Ruts" and it's about 150' long. The LR3 nearly got stuck back there with the Michelins on; but wtih the Coopers I went through twice and the only time I got slowed down at all was when I inadvertently slid and had my wheels at an angle to the rut; I had to be mindful of keeping 'em straight. Tires make a HUGE difference.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your happy with your decision Lyon. How did you do with jamming the spare
up under the truck?

I'm still looking for that fifth wheel. Rest assured that I will be getting a spare but for right now I'm not going on any long back-country trips. If I get a flat I'll just call AAA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink