"Follow Me Home Lights"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kosta

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable the 'Follow Me Home Lights' feature? I have an '06 LR3 HSE. The only options in my menu go from a 30 second to a 240 second headlamp 'on' delay after the vehicle is parked and shut down. I'd like to be able to disable this feature completely, as I park in a secured garage at night, and really don't need it. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks...Kosta

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a look through the manual online. It doesn't make it very clear on how you would cancel this. But it does say the following:

The courtesy delay may be cancelled at any time by turning the starter switch to position ’l’ or ’II’ or the lamps master switch from position ’1’ to ’2’.

Note: If Automatic Control Lamps* are switched on, the headlamp courtesy delay will operate automatically. Headlamp courtesy delay can be enabled or disabled by a Land Rover Dealer/Authorised Repairer or by the driver.

So I read this as - if you have it in auto mode, the only way you can cancel this capability is to take it to a LR dealer. However, if you are willing to manually turn your lights on and off, you can just turn the lamps off when you get out of the car.

-Rich

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this...

With lights in "auto" mode and truck running, turn off the truck. Now momentarily turn ignition switch to the pre start position, then off again. The follow me home lights should be off.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but at least you know the lights are off. Not sure if there is a disabling option.

kosta

Reaction score
With lights in "auto" mode and truck running, turn off the truck. Now momentarily turn ignition switch to the pre start position, then off again. The follow me home lights should be off.

Thanks for this...tried it and it worked perfectly.

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
Great tip.

I never use the auto lights for exactly this reason. Problem isn't at home - it's in the parking lot. Helpful folks pointing out my lights are still on, and me having to explain it.

But then, I don't like rain sensing wipers and lots of other auto functions, I still drag my knuckles, and I like to build wheels out of rocks, so there's probably a trend here.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can also hit the lock button twice on the remote and it will shut them off.

Doesn't hurt to try it, anyway.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have to actually hit the LR Logo on the FOB twice to turn them off; and that's only if the FOB is programmed accordingly.

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great tip.
Problem isn't at home - it's in the parking lot. Helpful folks pointing out my lights are still on, and me having to explain it.

You meet the nicest people that way!!

ChuckD

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the obvious on this topic. Try turning your lights off before turning
the ignition off. Works for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635