For those of you thinking about the upcoming winter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry , i just realized you're probably fitting 19 or 20".

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I also forgot one truly good reason is tire shops will totally f-u-k up land rover metal capped style wheel nuts such that the 22mm won't fit anymore and you have to resort to 23 which just makes it worse over time. i think they just stick on whatever seems close enough.
They are morons for the most part.

I just put new nuts all the way around, original ones were destroyed by tire places.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - with most of my wheels black now, the other remedy is Gorilla nuts which are designed for our factory wheels but are solid nuts so you don’t have that cap deforming. They make them in silver too though. I highly recommend.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - with most of my wheels black now, the other remedy is Gorilla nuts which are designed for our factory wheels but are solid nuts so you don’t have that cap deforming. They make them in silver too though. I highly recommend.

They are very good quality...do you have a part number available?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are very good quality...do you have a part number available?

sorry no, it's been a few yrs but they have a vehicle selector on the website i think. also these look nothing like any others i've seen on other cars

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about what to do for this winter. For my work I am currently commuting back and forth across WA from Spokane to Seattle Area for work weekly. I was thinking about getting the studless nokians but will that drive be too much road time for them? On the weekends I am at the ski resort every weekend so do I need a good winter tire. On my previous vehicle I used the Nokian Rotiiva A/T tires year round I found them to be excellent in the snow, do the WRG3's offer similar performance? If so I'll just use those.
yes the WRs are better than the rotiiva - i had rottivas on my escalade for a while and i like the WR much better

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In northern NJ and just had my first snow test with the WRG3s...so much better in the snow than my old Duratracs. It wasn't really deep but it was a sticky, slippery mess and directional control, accelerating and braking hardly seemed affected.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut