Front A Protection Bar - Should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Courtesy of StepanT at disco3 co uk:

normal_D3_D4.jpg
Hey jjvd21,

Is this the LR3 protection bar baobay was speaking of in his above post? Looks similar to the one of the LR4?

I would be very interested in seeing this LR3 protection bar.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No David that is not it! The other one was powder coated tubular metal. I'll try to find the thread.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No David that is not it! The other one was powder coated tubular metal. I'll try to find the thread.
Hey George,

That would be awesome... I think I have seen that bar for the LR3, but had no idea it could be fitted to the LR4?

-David

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

are you talking about the ARB bars?

also, a member here posted about the OEM front protection and its poor quality. there are detailed pix of the hollow interior after it was ripped off somehow. will try to find link.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pic I posted above is the standard LR3 A Frame protection bar mounted to an LR4. I am not aware of how they attached it but I'm sure it took some modification. BTW that tubular LR3 brush guard mentioned above has been discounted heavily in the past 12 months. My local dealer was selling them off at $125. Also seen them on the web at similiar prices. You should be able to find it below $250.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pic I posted above is the standard LR3 A Frame protection bar mounted to an LR4. I am not aware of how they attached it but I'm sure it took some modification. BTW that tubular LR3 brush guard mentioned above has been discounted heavily in the past 12 months. My local dealer was selling them off at $125. Also seen them on the web at similiar prices. You should be able to find it below $250.
I saw that! Based on the fact that the Land Rover dealership fit it to an LR4, then it must be pretty straight forward. Personally, I don't see a LR dealership taking a lot of extra time in retrofitting the protection bar. Or, maybe I could be wrong since it means more $$$ for them! ;-)

Yes, I have decided against the A frame protection bar, but I love the LR3 wrap-around protection bar - looked awesome on the LR4 in the link that baobay provided.

I am curious to learn more and how it needed to be modified!

-David

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that! Based on the fact that the Land Rover dealership fit it to an LR4, then it must be pretty straight forward. Personally, I don't see a LR dealership taking a lot of extra time in retrofitting the protection bar. Or, maybe I could be wrong since it means more $$$ for them! ;-)

Yes, I have decided against the A frame protection bar, but I love the LR3 wrap-around protection bar - looked awesome on the LR4 in the link that baobay provided.

I am curious to learn more and how it needed to be modified!

-David

Good desicion. You have a beautiful vehicle and I trully belive that it takes away from it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112