Front Runner Ladder Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup Matt!

I've had my eye on the Frontrunner ladder for a while now. this looks like a new design too from when I viewed their site late last year... Anyway, I'm curious to know if there is anything like an adhesive strip to put between the lip at the top of the ladder and the top of the door edge to prevent any movement once you set onto the ladder? Is it a snug fit or loose? The OEM ladder required drilling 2 screws at the top to prevent movement once you step on it... Also, it that a powder coat finish?

this is taken from the install pdf:

"Hook the lip at the top of the Ladder over the Top Edge of the Rear Door through the gab between the door and the
vehicle's roof as shown. Push the Top Lip against the top
edge of the Rear Door."

Thanks Jayson
Thanks Jayson!
Yes, this ladder does come with a thin rubberized insert placed in the "lip" of the overhang of the ladder up top. I had the alignment issue/looseness up at the top once I secured the bottom but the provided z-bracket that attaches at the hinge of the hatch pulled it right where it needed to be and taught. I was surprised, but the bracket did secure it tightly and there is no movement whatsoever after pulling from all angles and climbing up multiple times.

Yes, it is powder coated and I hope that it holds up over time! I couldn't find any flaws in the finish or the design. Seems to be a great product for $200!

I agree with the quality of installation instructions... very good and it didn't leave me scratching my head over anything!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635