Fuel Gauge Stuck on Empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
see photo attached

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 82

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Connectors

Thanks for that but I do not have anything like that - my model is a 2007 built but 2008 model so maybe they are different. I have written to Land Rover Customer service asking them where the connectors are so we will see what happens.
Is that the left hand side front wheel arch?
Thanks again

Trynian

Reaction score
This is from the 2005-2009 repair manual, they are all the same.

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have found the connectors - on a MY08 model they are in the engine compartment above and below the LH headlight

phyco88

Reaction score
Reading the fault codes will tell you if it is a sending unit. It will say either unit 1 or 2. If it is a grounding failure the gauge will not say empty but give all sorts of funky readings accompanied by random check brake pad warnings.

A complete new fuel tank with the front sensor installed runs about $800 and a couple hours labor to install.

I know this thread is old but but I need some help with my 06 HSE. Trynian, my gas gauge is stuck at zero when I turn on the car, but when its off with just electrical on it shows half tank. I don't have any errors on my OBDII and Im having all kinds of errors on the dash including the front break pads. you mentioned this could be a grounding failure, I'm just hoping this can be resolved without having to reach into the gas tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72