Fuel pump problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I posted on here a couple weeks ago about not being able to start my 98 Disco after it ran out of gas. I spent some time with it this weekend and the fuel pump is NOT turning on for 3 or 4 seconds when I turn the key on. The fuse is good, but someone suggested replacing the whole relay. Does that need to be done if everything else on the relay works, like the heated rear window and the sidelights? I'm downloading the manual as we speak, but can anyone tell me how hard it is to replace the fuel pump?

The other big huge question is: Where can I find one for a decent price?

Thank you everybody!!

Reaction score
I looked online at a couple places and found a good price for a fuel pump. Some of the pumps I found says it still requires some additional things like a seal and fuel fittings. Can I not use the old fittings? If the seal is rubber can't I just re-use that too?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you know all you existing parts are good, I would buy a complete kit. Easier and Safer this way.

Atlantic British sells them, Rovers North Sells them, and Nathan in my Signature can get it for you as well.

Have you changed the fuel filter lately? If not I would or you may burn up your new pump.

Reaction score
Yeah I've got a new filter ready to go in. That was going to be my first fix, but then I pulled the incoming line off the filter and turned the disco "on" no fuel came pumping out of the line, so my automatic reaction then is that the pump is bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4