Fueling frustration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo// of late she refuses to let me fill the tank properly...

When I go to tank up the nozzle cuts off repeatedly from sometimes only taking maybe 5 gallons or so... it’s as if I have to
“top up” several times to get from half to full..
Any idea what might be the issue???

It should also be noted that I’ve recently had to clear a few check engine lights due to “small leaks” resulting from the fuel filler cap not being tight enough. I’ve since replaced that as well

Thanks in advance for the advice!

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen with another vehicle and it was a blocked vent line on the fuel filler neck. If that's blocked the air pressure can't escape with the filler nozzle pushing fuel. Back pressure will shut off the pump and you're stuck.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo// of late she refuses to let me fill the tank properly...

When I go to tank up the nozzle cuts off repeatedly from sometimes only taking maybe 5 gallons or so... it’s as if I have to
“top up” several times to get from half to full..
Any idea what might be the issue???

It should also be noted that I’ve recently had to clear a few check engine lights due to “small leaks” resulting from the fuel filler cap not being tight enough. I’ve since replaced that as well

Thanks in advance for the advice!
I've experienced this with my wife's 15. She never complains about it as she fills it up majority of the time, a non issue for her. Me on the other hand, I look like an idiot.

The flap apparatus at the fill point looks twisted and such, I even pointed it out to my service tech during its final warranty check up and he said it looks normal to him.

I have problems with my 07 GMC Sierra as well. Wondering if its nozzle technology that's changing?

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife’s 15 Range Rover has this and it was a service recall. Dealer swapped the filler port as it was a known issue.

CaliDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So according to my local dealer there were no recalls issued for the 12 LR4 regarding the fuel filler.
They recommended replacing the charcoal canister...
Till then I’ve been tilting ant angling whilst filling up to avoid the back pressure cutting off the nozzle....

Any one else have related stories to share?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72