G4 Challenge LR3 (Disco 3) Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

Beach

I just got back from having the tires replaced. With only 25,000 miles on the car, the insides of the GY Wrangler HP's were worn to an unsafe degree according to the tire techs. I also asked them to do a 4 wheel alignment...after which they said my wheels were severely out of alignment causing the inside tread wear. The GY tires had become very loud, a roaring sound on the highway. The remaining part of the tread wasn't wearing so well either.

Folks, get a 4 wheel alignment done soon - put it on your Land Rover dealer to do this.

I'm considering joining the class action suit against Land Rover over this tire wear issue. Anyone else's thoughts on this?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there was one, but I think the suit is justified. The silly 12,000 mile replacement threshold that the dealers are quoting is what is so outrageous. If the tires are wearing out prematurely due to faulty bushings (causing camber misalignment), why would mileage be the limiting factor.

R

roverall

I had to have my tires replace at 23,000 miles because of the inside tire wear. The tire wear is caused by the camber being incorrect on the car. I argued that they (LRNA) should pick up some of the cost of new tires, but they declined (what a surprise). That tire wear guideline sheet that they pull out is a joke. There will soon be some kind of accident where someone will get killed because of this issue and then everyone will sue them. I can't believe that Land Rover is being so cavalier regarding this issue. Any attorney, judge and jury who would be involved with such a suit, would clearly side with the plaintiff. I forsee millions of dollars from Land Rover to settle.

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverall said:
I had to have my tires replace at 23,000 miles because of the inside tire wear. The tire wear is caused by the camber being incorrect on the car. I argued that they (LRNA) should pick up some of the cost of new tires, but they declined (what a surprise). That tire wear guideline sheet that they pull out is a joke. There will soon be some kind of accident where someone will get killed because of this issue and then everyone will sue them. I can't believe that Land Rover is being so cavalier regarding this issue. Any attorney, judge and jury who would be involved with such a suit, would clearly side with the plaintiff. I forsee millions of dollars from Land Rover to settle.

After reading about the same tire issues over and over again on various LR3 threads, I also worry about the lack of adequate response by the dealers and LRNA. I sincerely hope that some bean-counter isn't thinking that it'll be cheaper to pay off a handful of injury settlements instead of the costs involved in a proper fix across the board?!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer