Garmin Hardwire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

clydon

i received a garmin navigation system for christmas and would like to hardwire it so i can continue to use the cigarette lighter for my ipod. has anyone done this or know how to do it.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year disco? I have a 2000, and am also interested in doing the same thing... I will look into it as well and post if I find anything.

J

C

clydon

i have a 1997, series I. saw some kits that hook into the fuse box but not sure how they work.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a little clip that fits around the base of the "GM Fuse" that has a spade bit on the end. You pull one of the fuses out for eg. cigarette lighter, place this clip on the protected side of the fuse and plug it back in. Onto the exposed spade end, connect a female connector and run it to the Garmin unit. There are plenty of spaces in the fuse box under the steering wheel. There are a few spare live plugs in this fuse box as well. Always make sure the circuit is protected with a fuse/

C

clydon

now i cant find those fuse hardwire kits anywhere online. if anyone knows where to get them please let me know. thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4