Goodyear SilentArmor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Do they have a Goodyear SilentArmor out yet that fits the 05 HSE? 255/55/19? My tires are feathering and i will need to replace them before i move to Boston from Houston in October and before I meet that nasty winter.

Reaction score
I know they are a good off road tire but the MTRs don't compare to the SilentArmors at all. Thanks though.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[LR3]Superkeege;66461 said:
Do they have a Goodyear SilentArmor out yet that fits the 05 HSE? 255/55/19? My tires are feathering and i will need to replace them before i move to Boston from Houston in October and before I meet that nasty winter.

Did you check the Goodyear web site or even any tire site??? :argh:

Reaction score
I did check those to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone had heard that they will be coming soon or any other news on them.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the same All-Terrain category as those SilentArmors vaporware, Pirelli very recently came out with a Scorpion ATR sized 255/55R19, the tread looks a tad less aggressive, but unlike the Wranglers they are available now. :wink: If you are just looking for grippy tires to negotiate snowy and icy roads, and not necessarily to take your LR3 off road, dedicated winter tires such as the Pirelli Ice & Snow (same size) may actually do a better job than either ATs above, IMHO. TireRack lists both, check them out. Someone over on rr.net (with a RRS) has ordered the 19" Pirelli ATRs and will report back on how he likes them soon.

Last edited:

roverlr3

Reaction score
I was unaware that the Goodyear MTR's were available in the U.S. in an 18" or 19". Can any goodyear dealer get them? And if so what is the approx. cost per tire? I would have likely put the MTR's on over the BFG allterrains if I would have known they were available

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unaware that the Goodyear MTR's were available in the U.S. in an 18" or 19". Can any goodyear dealer get them? And if so what is the approx. cost per tire? I would have likely put the MTR's on over the BFG allterrains if I would have known they were available

My tire dealer $320.00 each for 255/55/19:hello:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received an email of the following info:

"255/55/19 MT/Rs are now available in the United States - finally. Goodyear stock # is 338697323, any tire shop can call GY to order these as of late July 2008. They aren't cheap ($350 or so is what I hear), but they're here."

roverlr3

Reaction score
Your not kidding. $350 that is "not cheap" If I remember correctly I paid about $230 / $250 ea. for my BFG all terrains (265-65-18) They do have a pretty good amount of side wall height so off road damage to the sidewall is likely minimized. I have personally seen tire failures several times in off-road situations with the lower profile tires. Usually stock treads on Range Rover and Disco in 50 and 55 ratio. Just a comment though, I did run a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on my LR3 (285-60-18) and they performed OK on and off road. I just thought they looked a bit wide for the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635