Grille + fender change for 2010-2013 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently couldn't pass up a 2013 LR4 with 19k miles on it, and thus likely overpaid for it.

While I'm pondering whether to put my running boards from my LR3 onto the 4, I'm also looking to make a couple other primarily aesthetic mods.

- grille
- fenders

Grille - I much prefer the 2014+ style grilles. In the past, I've come across 2014-16 style grilles designed to fit the 2010-2013 miles, but my recent searches haven't turned any up. Does anyone have any experience with this, and if so, can you point me to where I might find the new style grille that fits the earlier models?

Fenders/wheel arches - I also very much prefer the non-painted and dramatically sturdier plastic wheel arches. On my LR3, these actually served a purpose. They absorbed plenty of scrapes, bumps and scratches -- not to mention car doors and the like. The new, painted arches on the LR4s seem flimsy and relatively useless. I'd like to swap out the painted fenders for the plastic ones. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere? Do the LR3 parts fit the LR4s in this case?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the grille, Powerfuluk.com.

If you are wanting to do the full facelift to the 2014+, you will, at a minimum, need to change both the grill and the headlights. To do it right, you need to change the front bumper too, but the aforementioned website also offers a trim piece that would fill the gap between the 2014+ grille and 2013- bumper.

If you want the daytime running LEDs on the 2014+ headlights, you'll need the IID Tool to activate them.

They also offer a modified grille that just works with the 2013- headlights if all you want is the grille but keep your existing headlights.

Regarding the fender flares, they are all plastic. Not sure why the LR4's would be any flimsier than the LR3's.

Last edited:

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, re: powerfuluk. I think I only want to update the grille, not really looking to dump money in to update the lights too. Plus I think I’m fine with the 2013 lights (have the LUX ones). Will review examples, if I can find any - of 2013 lights with the updated grille and check to be sure.

Re: fender flares - the plastic material these were made of on my 2013, and a 2013 I recently saw in Iceland that had them, was much more dense and sturdier than the painted plastic currently on my truck. The non-painted ones have very little flex and can take a bit of a beating, while the painted ones seem very weak and thin and flex under slight hand pressure. Either way, I prefer the non-painted look, even on my black truck (the non-painted on white trucks looks 1000x better in my opinion). Any idea if the < 2010 flares fit on the LR4s?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be great to know if the LR3 and LR4 panels are the same fit. Let us know.

Even if you stick with the painted ones.. its pretty easy to pull them off and do whatever with them.. repaint, etc.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, will let you know what I find out. Frankly it's amazing to me that the painted and non-painted flares attach to the vehicle the same way (which seems to be the case). I messed with the painted fender flares again today and they really are pieces of flimsy junk. The non-painted arches (which are seemingly made of the same plastic that you'd find clad on the bumpers and such, aren't just stronger on their own, they seem like they have a much stronger connection to the truck.

silvajt

Reaction score
I had my wheel arches swapped when I purchased my 2014 HSE. Here are the part numbers.

DFJ000022PCL
DFJ000032PCL
DFK000045PCL
DFK000055PCL
DGP000145PCL
DGP000155PCL
DGP000124PCL
DGP000134PCL

LR4.jpg

Last edited:

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, excellent. That's your truck? Looks great. That's one of the photos I saw online that made me fairly sure this was possible -- plus seeing a 2013 disco 4 in Iceland with the swapped arches, too. Thanks for the part numbers. This definitely will not have the same visual impact on my black truck, but at least the arches will serve a purpose now.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe in foreign markets there was a commercial variant of the LR4 that came with the black plastic wheel arches. They also had no side windows in the rear cargo area.

silvajt2

Reaction score
Ah, excellent. That's your truck? Looks great. That's one of the photos I saw online that made me fairly sure this was possible -- plus seeing a 2013 disco 4 in Iceland with the swapped arches, too. Thanks for the part numbers. This definitely will not have the same visual impact on my black truck, but at least the arches will serve a purpose now.

Yes, that’s my truck. I ordered a US spec 2014 through LR Military Sales while stationed in Germany. I had the delivering dealer swap out the body colored wheel arches for the black ones. I never liked the look of the body color arches.

When doing research on whether or not the black wheel arches could be added to the LR4, I used the 1,000,000th Discovery / Journey of Discovery as proof that it was possible.

And ryanjl is correct about the non-US variant Discovery 4s having the black wheel arches available on the commercial and S models.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM