happy 5000 mile trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came back from almost 5000 mile trip (between Delaware and Utah) with my beloved LR3. As I expected it handled beautifully. We started with freezing rain and later snow but with LR3 magic knob (TRS), it was a comfortable ride.

We stopped at Moab, UT, hoping to get some off-road experience but after all sightseeings (such a beautiful place), we didn't have enough time. We headed to Gemini Bridge (supposed to be a easy trail ride) late afternoon but since it was getting dark, nobody was there but us and trail was covered by snow, we've decided to turn around after about 20 min of ride. There was a time when we were climbing a steep uphill, covered with snow, rocks showing here and there. I put TRS to snow and low range. It made me nervous when we slide left and right but....boy! no wheel spin, no problem. It was one of those moments that "every $ spent in this car is totally worth it!"

We put almost 5000 miles on it in one trip. Not a single problem. Shame that I missed off-road opportunity at Moab, UT but oh well~ there is always a next time.

All in all, I am very pleased with LR3 quality (again). Here is one of the pics from my trip:

Attachments

• LR3.jpg
    LR3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you had a blast. i admit, im a little jealous. a road trip across country in the LR3 would be the dream for me. my work probably would not appreciate it too much. id like to see some more pics if you have them.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2008 Land Rover National Rally is in Moab again...and it's Land Rover's 60th Anniversary!

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It's on our calendar. We love Moab!
ChuckD

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear, flysurfer! Sounds like an enjoyable trip for everybody and you got to see some beautiful country in a sweet ride! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635