Happy to be here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been trolling for awhile and figured it best to finally get around to an introduction.

I purchased a 2015 LR4 LUX in December and have been slowly creating plans for its transformation. It does not have HD, because I'm lame and would not really use it anyway, but has most of the other bells and whistles.

Upon purchase, I purchased the much need mityvac and changed the oil, and I drained and filled the transmission, front and rear diff, and transfer case.

Recently, I purchased the GAP tool, everything needed for a brembo swap (including SS brakelines), and new front hub assemblies.

As I have found is the case, by reading all of your insightful posts, now that I dropped two grand, I am getting some new DTCs.

I am not too worried about it. I love this vehicle and welcome the challenge of keeping her running.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to my growing knowledge base and I look forward to contributing as I continue to maintain, repair, and improve my LR4

- Mike

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. any Pics of the Rover?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Joey. Please see attached.

20190622_135722.jpg

20190622_135632.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking rover.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! No. On one hand, I've been recovery from surgery and my wife is keeping me honest with the doctor's "recommendations". On the other, I made the poor decision of sourcing calipers from eBay. They were worthless and in bad shape, and I had to return them. So, I sourced remanufactured calipers from autoanything. They are back ordered, but I won't be able to get to them right away anyway.

I plan on posting a build thread once they arrive. I've sourced everything else.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I had to cancel my order from anythingauto and place a new order with stockwise auto. I have a stack of parts, including the passenger side caliper. The driver caliper should be here tomorrow. I think I am healed enough to knock this out. I also have to pull the intercooler so i can swap the pcv diaphragm. The intercooler to manifold gasket should be here tomorrow as well. Next Saturday is the day!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA