Has Anyone Disabled Front Parking Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler

Reaction score
Thanks

Pretty sure it's either all 4 or nothing. IIDTool (and the "official" IDS) certainly doesn't allow you to be selective, you can either enable or disable the front park sensors, but not individually or in pairs.

PS: Congrats!

I imagine enabling the front park sensors but physically removing the center two sensors would result in a fault!

Thanks for the insights, Umberto, and Happy Trails to you!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, physically disconnecting any of the park sensors will be translated into a fault by the system and you will get an annoying long chime and a blinking PDC button every time you start the car to alert you of the problem.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, physically disconnecting any of the park sensors will be translated into a fault by the system and you will get an annoying long chime and a blinking PDC button every time you start the car to alert you of the problem.
Yes. That's why I just kept my parking sensors and neatly wrapped them up and tucked them in my ARB front bumper. Then, I disabled them and it's great.

Let's see if I can keep my rear sensors somewhat functional once I get the Kaymar on and the swing away.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if I still get a bit of beeping and some of my sensors work in the back (ie, they beep quicker), that is fine. At least I will definitely still have my camera.

My mom is visiting from Boston and then I need to install my Kaymar rear bumper, build a custom swing away, install my new roof rack, long-range gas tank (I know a lot of people want to see the method we figured out NOT using the stupid filler neck from Outback Proven ), and emergency EAS kit from Green OVal.

Ugh.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put your poor mom to work like that??? What kind of a son are you, asking her to help you install a bumper? Go wash your mouth with soap, mister!

:biggrin:

Looking forward to all the mods David.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put your poor mom to work like that??? What kind of a son are you, asking her to help you install a bumper? Go wash your mouth with soap, mister!

:biggrin:

Looking forward to all the mods David.
Hahahaha! :) No, she has little interest in anything to do with my Land Rover.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you can't move the front ones around a little and make it work? Can two sensors be closer together or do they interfere with each other?

wheeler

Reaction score
So, you can't move the front ones around a little and make it work? Can two sensors be closer together or do they interfere with each other?

I thought the same thing. In my case, rear park sensors only are working correctly. I checked the vehicle's Park Sensor configuration file with my GAP Diagnostic IIDTool BT and what I found was "Park Sensors Disabled." I changed the configuration to Enabled. At that point, the park sensors registered an immediate fault... it said the two inner front park sensors were faulty. I changed the configuration to "Rear Sensors Only" and the rear sensors are working again without any faults registering.

The winch and bumper on my vehicle were installed by the dealer at purchase. I haven't had time to explore from underneath... not sure if this area is accessible... and whether the sensors are still there and blocked or if they had been removed. If I get any new info on this, I'll report back here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72