Has anyone reflashed their 3.0SC V6 aka Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean the shaking at idle? My still has it; I haven't noticed any increase in idle rpm. Mine doesn't seem to do it all the time though, and I doubt the wife even notices.
Yup shaking at idle but not every time. Sometimes happens in reverse too

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean the shaking at idle? My still has it; I haven't noticed any increase in idle rpm. Mine doesn't seem to do it all the time though, and I doubt the wife even notices.

I'm curious -- is the replacement pulley damped as well ?

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious -- is the replacement pulley damped as well ?

It's not, but you only replace the outer portion of the crank pulley. The "main" crank pulley stays on and the outer pulley for the supercharger bolts on with 6 torx bolts.

It is noticable lighter than the original despite being larger in diameter.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup shaking at idle but not every time. Sometimes happens in reverse too

Mine seems to do it after a sudden stop like when a stoplight changes faster than you anticipated and you have break hard.

It will do it for a second when the rpms dip but then stabilize and be normal

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you driving it like you stole it?

also, did you upgrade the intercooler/charge air cooler pump as well or leave it stock?

I’m in a yes I want it / I don’t need it schizophrenic place with a tune right now ;)

Stu.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you driving it like you stole it?

also, did you upgrade the intercooler/charge air cooler pump as well or leave it stock?

I’m in a yes I want it / I don’t need it schizophrenic place with a tune right now ;)

Stu.
I drive mine a bit harder than the body roll wants. I get 14.3 mpg with both pulleys done. That’s a constant 85+ on the highway and banging through la city traffic. It has bumped up around .5 mpg since the new plugs. And I upgraded to a higher flow Bosch inter cooler pump.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out an update for reference; after having the pulley and tune for 8k miles now, I'm averaging 16.12 mpg with mostly city driving on 31 fill-ups.

Is this according to the computer, or based on manual recording of miles/gallons? Also, road or AT tires? Keeping track manually, I’ll only get 16 mpg if I’m all highway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV