Has anyone reflashed their 3.0SC V6 aka Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shan

Reaction score
Very informative thread. Thanks to all the contributors thus far. I am taking purchase of an 2014 LR SCV6 in the coming weeks and sounds like the Veocity AP tune and pulley is a worthwhile consideration. The pump I'll need to look into also. Suspect I'll be adding to this thread in the coming weeks.

One question though was the supercharger noise after upgrade and pulley. It is pulling more air, with more power - is the supercharger noise increase perceptible from inside the cabin?

And yes.....I will be trying to hide the upgade from my wife..... : )

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very informative thread. Thanks to all the contributors thus far. I am taking purchase of an 2014 LR SCV6 in the coming weeks and sounds like the Veocity AP tune and pulley is a worthwhile consideration. The pump I'll need to look into also. Suspect I'll be adding to this thread in the coming weeks.

One question though was the supercharger noise after upgrade and pulley. It is pulling more air, with more power - is the supercharger noise increase perceptible from inside the cabin?

And yes.....I will be trying to hide the upgade from my wife..... : )
Not really. Maybe 10%.

Shan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. 10% extra - I think will fly under the radar. My wife notices things.....pretty switched on....and knows me too well when it comes to my cars.

So based on my research - I'll need to address the following as upgrades/preventative:

1. Water pump
2. Cross Over pipes
3. Supercharger snout - perhaps with smaller pulley. Is anyone still running on the original snout? Read that the bearings go around 120Km's, but wondering if that really needs to be done in most cases?
4. AP velocity tune/pulley

***please add anything else to this list I need to know about on the SCV6 please?

Can I ask if anyone has bothered to flash the 8-speed transmission. Sounds like it may not be necessary and that the engine tune works well enough with the vanilla 8-speed software?

Thanks!

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. 10% extra - I think will fly under the radar. My wife notices things.....pretty switched on....and knows me too well when it comes to my cars.

So based on my research - I'll need to address the following as upgrades/preventative:

1. Water pump
2. Cross Over pipes
3. Supercharger snout - perhaps with smaller pulley. Is anyone still running on the original snout? Read that the bearings go around 120Km's, but wondering if that really needs to be done in most cases?
4. AP velocity tune/pulley

***please add anything else to this list I need to know about on the SCV6 please?

Can I ask if anyone has bothered to flash the 8-speed transmission. Sounds like it may not be necessary and that the engine tune works well enough with the vanilla 8-speed software?

Thanks!
Trans pan and fluid.
Call superchargers online and ask them about rebuild intervals on bearings.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still running the original snout/pulley/coupler. Will do the coupler/SC oil next time I have the lid off. May do the pulley too since it's pretty cheap and adds another 1.5 psi.

Interested in the tranny tune but haven't heard any feedback either. If you time it right, VAP will put the pulley/tune on sale, so you could get both and the transmission tune for the regular price.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still running the original snout/pulley/coupler. Will do the coupler/SC oil next time I have the lid off. May do the pulley too since it's pretty cheap and adds another 1.5 psi.

Interested in the tranny tune but haven't heard any feedback either. If you time it right, VAP will put the pulley/tune on sale, so you could get both and the transmission tune for the regular price.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for that. Although I’m not so sure on the transmission reflash for me if it would be worth it.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is it typically just black Friday timing ?

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it typically just black Friday timing ?

Yea, probably so. I think the last time I saw it on sale was in December, but they may do other sales events. When it's on sale the pulley/tune run around $1,450 vs $1,940 regular price.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, probably so. I think the last time I saw it on sale was in December, but they may do other sales events. When it's on sale the pulley/tune run around $1,450 vs $1,940 regular price.

I'd probably bite at that price point...

Something tells me they're not going to have a 4th July sale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV